Pages

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

CPS #13

Sorry for being MIA for almost 2 weeks. My husband was away for 5 months and I got to helped him packed his stuff. In case you didn't already know, my husband is a sailor and he's usually gone for 3-5 months. He stopped sailing for almost 1+ year to continue his mate master studies. Thank God...he passed his exam with flying colours :) He used to sail for 9 months and we only get to see each other once a year. But now, he only required to sail at least 3 months and get 1 month holiday. A lot of my friends have asked me how could I stand without seeing him for months? Well, I would tell them if you love someone, you would sacrifice for him or her. And they also ask what do I do while he's away? My reply?? Making cards of course!! Lol :)

It's fun and enjoyable to see all the beautiful cards created by the DT and the participants. And here's what I came out with. This card took me less than an hour to create (it usually took me more than an hour to create just a card...I'm that slow)





Thanks for stopping by! Have a nice day, ya!

6 comments:

  1. Great card with a terrific color combo. You did a fantastic job with the sketch. Thanks for joining us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the pink and black combo! Any Mom would be delighted to receive this card. :-) Thanks for kind words on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy this is gorgeous! I love your scrappy style, your color combo, that big flourish. Just a great card.

    Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card!!!!

    My husband hasn't gone anywhere the last few years but he's in the Air Force and so I know how that goes. BUT, I'm the type who can entertain myself pretty well so after a couple weeks I'll be quite busy and with a routine and soon enough it'll be time for him to come home.

    I hope the time flies by for you! Having friends, a hobby, and regular activities help :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! You did such a great job and you are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. perfect gift for mother's day...:)

    ReplyDelete